Decor for Calm and Focus

Having taken a look at rooms which inspire energy and productivity, it seemed only natural to see what kind of spaces work best when you want to feel calm and focused.   Many of these picks rely on neutral palettes combined with texture and interesting accessories, but color is not entirely absent and I couldn’t resist the wonderful deep blue office.

Huntley & Company

via Creamy  Life

via Creamy Life

Tricia Rose

Tricia Rose

Rebekah Zaveloff

Rebekah Zaveloff

Personally, I like a room to have a little color in, even if it’s just a small amount of a very soothing shade.

Could you live with any of these spaces?

If you’re in the SF Bay Area and would like friendly, confidential Professional Organizing help to turn chaos into calm, contact me to take the first step toward a sorted, stylish space.

9 Responses to Decor for Calm and Focus

1. Style Attic says:

There you are! I’m sorry I didn’t realize you morphed into something so fabulous! For a month I have looking at my side bar that says you haven’t updated in quite some time. My apologies for not keeping up better :) Lovely here, I have the new address! XO

2. AlexisAnne says:

I looooooove that deep blue. Will have to add that to my list of colors I would like to incorporate into my house somehow.

3. Stitchfork says:

My ideal workroom would have lots of big windows and definitely color!
    xo Cathy

4. Tricia Rose says:

I have been pondering painting my entire office with chalkboard paint, but it woud be far more poetic and just as practical to mix chalkboard with blue and end up with a vibrant but soothing indigo. I’m inspired now! Thank you Pauline!

5. Bromeliad says:

I’ll take the bed with the big fur for a nap, I mean for calm and focused meditation.

6. My previous home started out much like the first image, with traditional furnishings in cream and russet against walls of pale cream with white trim. By 2006, the walls were varying shades of green, plum and turquoise, inspired by several textile patterns which managed to pull all the colors into some sort of order. Today I have a colorful mid-century ranch, but I still enjoy looking at photos of beautifully done neutral rooms. Gorgeous post!

7. I’d come home and flop down in any of these rooms looking for calm – and lock the door to keep the boys and dogs out!

8. I love the deep blue walls too. I once had a bathroom with walls that color – it looked fabulous next to the white fixtures and cabinet!

9. Sniff says:

I believe that blue office must be a wonderful place to work in if you really need to concentrate and focus. Maybe it’s just because I’m so fond of blue? Couldn’t have such a dark colour on my own walls, though. My flat is just too tiny for dark hues on large walls. But I’d gladly use in on details.